Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Seahorse- Mixed Media

Hello Everyone,

Summer is here to stay for another 2 months and I am very happy to bring that yellow in my mixed media piece today.


I've created this mixed media piece as an inspiration for our More Mixed media challenge .
Color of this month is "Yellow"



I've worked on packaging material, it gave some nice background texture.
I've also done stenciling with some texture.



Some more layers with burlap and gauze.
I've used acrylic paints to paint the background as well as focal elements. You will find small crackles on the star here, to get that effect I used Deco Art crackle glaze.


I've used Tim Holtz Sizzix Sand and Sea die to make sea horse and star fish.



Hop over to More Mixed Media Challenge blog to see fabulous inspirations from my teamies.
Hope you will join us there with your any mixed media project, this month.

Thanks so much for stopping by.








10 comments:

  1. I always admire your excellent use of bright and bold colours, Shilpa!
    And this piece makes no exception to that. Love it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Fabulous...love the bright colors..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shilpa, you know that I am a fan of your work, but I have to say that this piece is exceptional! The color combination is marvelous, the depth, dimension and texture is outstanding, and your seahorse is adorable. You picked elements that together just sing out summertime! Applause! Applause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shilpa - beautiful, vibrant and very Summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Shilpa, love everything that you have done from the bright colour to the added detail..Amazing..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous vibrant colours and a super texture background for all the details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow lovely work
    Vibrant colour combinations
    Happy crafting :)cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's full of sunshine brightness - what an uplifting creation.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It's gorgeous. Love the vibrant tropical colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty Shilpa! Love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...