Friday, March 18, 2016

Sizzix Fanciful Fairy and mixed media

Hello Everyone,

I am so delighted to share with you this beautiful project with Sizzix Fanciful Fairy (designed by Pete Hughes)
I've created this as a part of my DT post at Scrapbooking.gr/ The Crafters Joyride
 


I worked on thick chipboard, size: 9"*5.5"

Here are the steps I followed for making....


I cut out text paper from Prima fairy rhyme collection to adhere on the chipboard, primed it with white gesso. For creating texture, I used Tim Holtz flourish stencil and texture paste. Let it dry completely.



To get the color on surface I used distress paints (tattered rose, Victorian velvet, worn lipstick, spun sugar) and distress stains(festive berries, picket fence). I love addition of gold ink on this whole textured background with Heidi Swapp Gold Lame.



Focal point of my creation is this wonderful fairy. I have used Sizzix Fanciful fairy die, which has very detail design. I cut out 4-5 fairies, out of which one with gold glitter paper (DCWV). I attached all of them to get 3D dimension.



I layered doilies, flowers, ribbon as a beautiful base for this Fairy!




I also added few more glitter butterflies for more interest. 







Are you linking it ? :)
Thanks so much for Stopping by.

For more products and inspirations, Pls visit Scrapbooking.gr/ The crafters Joyride

Products used from Scrapbooking.gr/ The crafters Joyride
sizzix Fanciful fairy die
Gesso
texture paste
Tim holtz flourish stencil
Distress paints- tattered rose, Victorian velvet, worn lipstick, Spun sugar
distress stains- festive berries, picket fence
Fine glitter- golden, silver
glitter paper





12 comments:

  1. Beautiful coulours !!
    cheers
    SHARADA
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your piece of mixed media Shilpa. Pretty colors!!

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs, Dunja

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful page Shilpa, lovely background and embellishments !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Shilpa! The colors are so pretty! I love fairies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicate, feminine and lovely, Shilpa! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow lovely ,beautiful colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its Gorgeous..pretty colors n lovely texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Shilpa !!! I love it, this fairy is so beautiful!!! fabulous project! Wish you a very happy weekend. Big hugs. Caty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and design Shilpa, love this piece.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning magical project Shilpa.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...