Monday, February 15, 2016

Grow - Art Journal page

Hello Everyone,

Here comes my second project with Scrapbooking.gr/ The Crafters Joyride design team.



I created Art Journal page ...
with Kaisercraft Limelight collection and Distress sprays.

here is the making procedure..


I started with adhering strips and pieces of papers from limelight  collection on the base.
I gave first coat of white gesso. When it was dry, I sprinkled ground espresso distress stain and when it dried, I gave second coat of gesso.



I did the same procedure like above with Mustered seed distress stain spray.




Here you will see I stamped text and texture with Kaisercraft stamps and Ranger black archival ink




Next color layer was with Twisted citron distress spray and again gesso.



Finally with more sprinkles of ground espresso, my background looked like this.




I chose picture of flower stem as my focal point. I layered it on few more papers from Kaisercraft Limelight collection. I've also added embellishments - metal filigree, butterflies stickers, sequins.
And the quote is - "from little things big things grow"  
 


On the other side of the page, I attached Pull handle knob and butterfly.



And this is whole page look like.
I enjoy making journal pages, hope you liked this too!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
For more inspirations pls visit Scrapbooking.gr/ The Crafters Joyride


Products from Scrapbooking.gr/ The Crafters Joyride

Kaisercraft Limelight Colection
Distress stains- ground espresso, mustered seed, twisted citron
Distress inks- peeled paint, ground espresso
Kaisercraft Texture stamps







10 comments:

  1. Love the springish feel of journal...dear! Thanks SO much for the detailed steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its So fresh..loved photos of the procedure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful pages, Shilpa! Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages , the colours are lovely blended together and I love all your layers you added to,your design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Shilpa! Perfect color palette for the "growing" theme. Thanks for the step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Shilpa, your journal pages are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful journal page, lovely fresh colour shades.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shilpa!
    So lovely to read you on my blog this afternoon! ^^ I know how much you are busy yourself, so even more appreciated thank you my friend.
    I also wanted to pay you a little visit, not done for a while sorry but I'm overloaded with work as you can guess! But your last creations were so gorgeous Shilpa, would have commented on each post if I could, really!!!!
    Your two pages today are SO beautiful, I love all the layers of papers, inks and gesso you have built! Also your fantastic choice of colours and stamps, they work really well together on this nature page.... Thank you for the tutorial, it's great.
    Bises!
    Coco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...