Saturday, January 9, 2016

Koi - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone,

CHA has started ....and of course its a time for new products release.
Emerald Creek has come up with this new Koi stamp set designed by talented Nicole Wright.
I've created mixed media canvas with it.


New fish stamps are awesome!




It all started with bubble texture with Wendy Vecchi white texture paste on 12*10" canvas.




For background I chose red and blue color, for that I spritzed Abandoned coral, Peacock feather and mermaid lagoon distress stain sprays. I heat set the surface with heat tool.



I adhered Tim holtz Rub Ons numbers on the canvas. For interest, I attached shells and die cut star fish. I used Tarnished brass Distress glitter as a sand.



I colored the fish with abandoned coral distress ink. I also created layers with Tim's stripes stencil and Hickory smoke distress ink.


and here is final look of my Koi Canvas


It was fun to play with these new stamps.
There are awesome projects created by my teamies at Emerald Creek
here are links to their blogs:

Kim (the Boss) - Emerald Creek
Claudia - Von Pappe II
Julia - Paradise Lost
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Products used from Emerald Creek:
Koi stamp set
Wendy Vecchi White embossing paste
Distress stains- Abandoned  coral, Mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers
distress inks- hickory smoke, vintage photo, black soot
Tim Holts Stripes stencil



20 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful canvas. I love the colors and the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful canvas, Shilpa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - fabulous texture and amazing colour. Beautiful! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how bright and colourful this page is Shilpa! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture and bubbles. The colors you chose are gorgeous Shilpa! You make me want to try to create something bright and bold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shilpa - a most gorgeous canvas and I love the awesome Koi fish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Shilpa, your canvas is stunning, that background of bubbles is wonderful and love the colours. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely - gorgeous choice of colours Shilpa - lovely stamp too x Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas...lovely colors...that bubble embossing really came out nice...new stamp very different n I liked it.you always inspire me with your work.thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fish is absolutely gorgeous, Shilpa, and dynamic against that beautiful and very textured background! Well done! Can't wait to see all the new stuff that is being introduced at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous colours and textures Shilpa, what a wonderful way to showcase Nicole's new stamps! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Shilpa! Oh my gosh you really have produced a beautiful canvas and the stamps look amazing, I love the background as well. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzer - that looks fantastic, Shilpa - amazing vivid colours and what a showcase for that magnificent koi carp.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the sharpness of this one!!! the distress glitter as sand... brilliant!! beautiful piece Shilpa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...