Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tyvek Texture

Hello Everyone,

I've tried different texture for my latest mixed media work- Tyvek.
It is a strong thin material with Olefin fiber, when it is heated it shrinks and bubbles up.
And that creates beautiful txture..check out here..


 Red petals like texture is tyvek.


I colored Tyvek piece with Colour Arte Silks Acrylic Glaze.


and when heated with Iron it turned out as you see in above picture.


I used Prima Glass beads to enhance the beauty.


Prima crackle paste for further texture. I've used Colour Arte orange and Gold paints in layers.


Do try Tyvek with Colour Arte silks...they sure are easy and fun for mixed media or abstract art.


Thanks so much for stopping by.

If you are in India you can find Tyvek at The Craft Shop. (Priya)

Colour Arte Products Used here are:
 Radiant Rain Solar Gold
Silks Acrylic Glaze Carmen
Silks Acrylic Glaze Honey Amber
Radiant Gel Emperor's Gold 
Primary Elements Sunflower

Linking this project with: Frilly and Funkie - Touch of Gold.







6 comments:

  1. Fabulous,I have never seen this product. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it and it does take paint well, but it still looks to plastic-y to me. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shilpa, I am definitely going to try that one out, it looks so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Texture and a half!! I keep reading about Tyvek - seeing it here, I'm now even more curious… amazing work.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece Shilpa, the colours are stunning. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...