Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tranquality - Mixed media canvas

Hello Everyone,

I've new canvas to share with you. I rarely use black in my background surface..and I did it today..loving it with lavender ink.


I created collage in the background with  black design papers from Prima Optimist collection.




 I cut them in pieces and adhered them as collage with Modge Podge, this is one of my favourite technique to create background.

For chevron texture I used Crafters Workshop Stencil and texture paste.  I added Prima Mica flakes, glass beads and small square cuts from Picture wheel die for more interest.
I applied black gesso for this and when it dried I spritzed Lulu Lavender Fireworks Spray onto it.



I cut out Picture wheel with Sizzix die, on that I adhered one metal flower ...colored all this with black gesso and spritzed Lulu Lavender fireworks ink.
I used Sizzix Tattered flower die to make the flower in center.





All the edges are of small squares are highlighted with Faber Castell big brush pen -black. Lastly I applied Inka gold Violet to highlight some areas.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Link with: Mixed Media Monthly Challenges - A Year of choices
 (I have chosen MMMC # 1 and 3 - Spray inks, stencils, pastes)



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shilpa! I love how you created the background with all the swatches of paper, it really creates interest! A wonderful canvas! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the charcoal / black and lavender look fantastic together. really tactile piece. i love the patchwork feel.
    PS... just spent 2 minutes searching my house for a bell. checked my altar bell (though why it would ring all on its own is beyond me LOL). didnt realise it was on your blog. thought i was going insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful canvas and super rich colours,loved the paper pieces and how you matched them together.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea Shilpa - lovely work! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colour combination and love the textures and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Shilpa...and I have the perfect black papers in my stash to try this myself! You always create such gorgeous texture on your canvases. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tend to shy away from black backgrounds too... but your creation makes me wanna try it! this is beautiful shilpa! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shilpa, this is a wonderful canvas! I just adore the texture paste through the middle - it really stands out to me!! Thank you so much for playing and celebrating with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project, love what you did here! Great background and such wonderful additional elements! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous color combination!! I love all the little details and how you used that picture wheel stencil in the middle. Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work and great attention to details. I love that you included some beadwork, too. I haven't quite figured how I want to incorporate the beads into my handmade cards, but I do enjoy using any type of bead in jewelry making. The colors you selected and materials you used made everything come together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful canvas! Love the colors and textures! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...