Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Here and Now....

Hello Everyone,

I've small canvas to share with you today, which is full of Tim Holtz goodies. 
here we go....


Are you liking that dragonfly in the center....me too!  :)


It all started with this background. I used thick white cardstock, which is attached to a canvas. Next I spritzed Peacock feathers, Evergreen bough, Picket fence distress stains on it plus little bit water to spread the colors. I used heat tool to dry it completely. I love to use text in my background, so I brought Melange tissue wrap onto  my table, used Ranger Gel medium to adhre part of it to my colored surface. Gel medium dries transparent.... love it! 


Next layer was Black soot distress ink to get honeycomb image through stencil.
Here, you will also see flower texture created with Tim's Doily stencil and Ranger Gloss texture paste....wish you could see it in real! It looks fab, I am inspired by Tim's technique here, ranger texture paste takes colors,unlike other texture pastes. In my canvas it has picked up the green and blue from beneath. 


Remnant Rubs are fast way to create one more layer...don't they look like I stamped with Archival ink.
Here, you will also see, I have created dimensional layer with piece of design paper which has butterflies on it. I attached Industrial frame sticker on it which is colored with alcohol ink.
Sentiment 'Here and Now' are from Ideology Alpha parts, which are colored with Alcohol inks too.



Keeping this number theme for my canvas...I added Ruler ribbon. 
 
 
And...this beautiful Dragonfly, I cut it from Acetate with the help of Sizzix Layerd Drgonfly. I cut two pieces, colored them in the middle only with Sailboat blue and silver mixative alcohol inks. Attached them together in the middle only to show flying movement of dragonfly.
And for his body, I filled Ideology corked vial with silver glass beads and attached.
 
I had fun time playing with my Tim Holtz goodies.....never knew I had so many in my stash! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Link with :
 Vintage Journey - Through Looking glass (have used Acetate, Glass bottle, glass beads)

Simon Says Monday Challenge - In the Middle (In the middle of my canvas I've lovely Dragonfly )


25 comments:

  1. Wooow, Shilpa, what a stunning canvas you created! I love everything there! Great color combinations, amazing texture, fabulous dragonfly with a vial full of beads! Such a clever idea to use an acetate there and I love how you used the remnant rubs! Brilliant! It's pinned! I admire your artwork!
    Hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas Shilpa!!! Loved the color combination and that acetate dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he is beautiful. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning dragonfly, its an awesome project.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shilpa, this is so gorgeous!! So many amazing designs in the background and I love your colours! Your dragonfly is outstanding with those iridescent wings, what an amazing idea for the body! Beautiful, PINNED!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning work Shilpa ..I love love love the way you have created the centre of the dragonfly..so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is awesome!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Shilpa, I am loving your Dragonfly, what an amazing project. Thanks for joining in the challenge at A Vintage Journey and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Shilpa!!! That dragonfly is just gorgeous, what a creative idea! I keep passing up on that die, but now I might have to rethink buying it.........;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice canvas Shilpa...love these colours...and your very creative butterfly is a great eyecatcher!
    Greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Shilpa this is one gorgeous canvas, love the colour combo and the wonderful dragonfly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my word shilpa - much scrummy goodness here - love this to bits! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very colorful and in spite of the busy bg, that dragonfly stands out! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its Awesome ! I loved reading how this wonderful canvas came together and the bg is mind blowing and the dragon fly too ! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous background and colours, as always! :-)
    I love your acetate dragonfly. Such a cool way to create its body!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunner....Just love the glass vial body of dragonfly and cool colors and textures....TFS the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful canvas Shilpa! I love your background - colors, stencils, tissue - and that beautiful dragonfly - how creative to use the vile with beeds for it's body! thank you so much for joining us in the AVJ Through the Looking Glass Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything about this is just magical

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, really fab Shilpa!!! The dragonfly is terrific!! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely fabulous! I have a new place to visit when my mojo isn't playing fair - your blog is full of lovely paint, ink, stencil and stampy goodness - love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous canvas! I love the seed beads as the center of the dragonfly! Beautiful details! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful. Luurvve the dragonfly & colours. Tfs. C

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shilpa, that is so beautiful, your dragonfly is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a brilliant canvas, Shilpa - I adore your seedbead dragonfly with his ethereal wings, and all the background elements work perfectly - great work! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...