Monday, February 2, 2015

Mixed media canvas (ColourArte)

Hello Everyone


I've mixed media canvas to share with you which I made with pearlesent  acrylic paints and other mediums. I've step by step tutorial for this.


I applied coat of Gesso to my canvas. Let it dry completely. I wanted to create texture in the background, so I adhered paper doily and punched flourish lace with gel medium. For more texture, I used Feather stencil and modelling paste.

  
To bring on the color, I used pearl acrylic paints in Light blue, peacock blue and lavender colors. I applied them with my brush and  spritzed water. Let the color activate bit and move further. After getting desired effect I heat set it with heat tool.


In this picture, you will see, I created palette on my acrylic block with dark blue paint. Instead of ink I put my text and dotted  stamp into that color and printed it on surface.

 
To create next layer, I applied pearl gold acrylic paint through Harlequin stencil, randomly onto the canvas.


My center piece are chipboard cage and bird, I die cut them. I created texture on cage with modelling paste. And applied peacock and golden acrylic colors to both.


To get more detail effect, I outlined textured feathers with fine brush and coordinating acrylic colors.
I also made splashes with diluted paints and fan brush.

here are close up views 




Hope you liked my canvas and process.

I made this canvas for ColourArte blog, and I am submitting this post for them to review it.


Thanks so much for stopping by.







11 comments:

  1. Wow lovely canvas shilpa..loved the process too!
    I have a giveaway at my blog. Do check it out. http://lav-art-craft-food.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/giveaway-for-you.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow !! this is totally awesome ..Love the colors and textures you have created ..Thank you so much for sharing the whole process :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Shilpa! Thanks for the pictures too :) I always want to do a mixed media, but very hesitant to start.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. Hope you'll visit some time again:)

    P.S
    Have a blog candy, would love if you take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Shilpa!! I love the use of the doilies and punched border to add texture in the background! Gorgeous mix of colours and I adore birds as accents!! Great texture on your birdcage too! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely feel to this canvas, Shilpa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous, love the colours and texture. Have a great week, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous step by step and thank you for sharing. A stunning Canvas.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful colors.... thanks for using ColourArte product in your post today

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful canvas Shilpa, love the gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing the step by step too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...