Monday, January 26, 2015

Junk Journal page

Hello Everyone,

I've journal page  today, to share with you. Many friends ask me, why do I make journal pages? :) Well, the answer is...first I love to!! And I try different techniques, new products, stamps, stencils, color mediums in my journal. Like, I used Prima Art Basics Soft gel for the for the first time and tried gel resist technique with inks. 


 This is double page journal. I followed Finnabair's instruction given in this video.

I started my pages like this,


For this junk journal pages, I've used my shopping bills as a base.  It was fun!! I adhered them with Modge Podge and applied coat of Gesso. Ohh yes!! you will  find some of my expenses there.


Further, I spritzed purple ink and water, stamped texture and butterflies, added vintage photo and applied Prima soft gel through stencil.



I created layers with various inks, and gel medium resisted it, created wonderful texture.


another close up view


Frosted Designs
Country View challenges - Use something New to you-  I used Prima Soft Gel for first time
Thanks so much for stopping by




15 comments:

  1. WOW this is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. .just impressive how you build up the layers with textures and inks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! amazing pages Shilpa, thanks for all the pics and details!!! And what a fun idea to use your bills tickets haha, I will have a try on this next time I will do some art journaling! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal Shilpa... Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pictures Shilpa...love to see the making from start to finish: Impressive...and with great result!
    Greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!! So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your art journal pages, and this is yet another beauty! Thank you for showing the process of the steps and layers. Funny to know what's behind everything - the shopping bills are hardly there anymore.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Journal. Love every inch. Thanks for sharing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a piece of art!!! Love the colors, stamps and that photo!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic journal pages! Love all the distressing and stamped detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great page, lovely colors, textures and layers

    ReplyDelete
  12. THUD!!!! Oh my stars, this is jaw-dropping GORGEOUSNESS!!! All your work inspires my Shilpa, but this double page journaling spread is absolutely incredible and ULTRA inspiring to me!!! Wow!!! I love it. And I totally agree--art journaling is so freeing and fun and allows the mind to create without restraints, which I love. Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Shilpa
    I love the palette as well, your combination of inks and stamps and other media have connected beautifully to make a gorgeous double spread. Thanks for joining us this month at CVC.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...