Saturday, January 31, 2015

Go where your muse takes you....

Hello Everyone,


I made a journal page today!! 


Here, you can see my background. I love the time I spent on this and how it turned out. I started with adhering old book papers on my journal page. Next layer is coat of Gesso. After that I attached strips of design papers ,at two ends of my pages, they are from 7 dots studio Destination Unknown collection, which are in marvelous shades of blue and grey. Further I created texture with Prima bubble stencil and texture paste and  also at some places with Prima Platinum Crackle paste. To bring color on my surface I used various Lindy's stamp gang spray inks in blues and grey. In between all layers, I heat set them, so the colors don't mix. I also used my favourite double scoop Gelatos colors in Snow cone, Blue Berry, Silver Ice. PIIT pens to highlight circles and strips.I've done some texture stamping with archival ink.


I've this beautiful image as a center piece for my journal page. It is a Venezia Rubber Dance Art Stamp
I stamped it with Black Archival ink and colored it with Gelatos.


'Go where your muse takes you' its a perfect sentiment for this journal page. Rubber Dance is our generous sponsor at Unruly PaperArts for February and March. And Bibi has sent me these beauties to work with.
You can check beautiful Rubber Dance Art stamp Collection here. They ship worldwide.

I created this page with all my heart... and we are celebrating 'Inspire your Art With Heart Day' At Unruly Paper Arts


...it is an Art Party, make any kinda paper craft or mixed media and link up here. There is a prize for random winner. I am linking my creation at UPA linkup party!!

How can I miss Rubber Dance Challenge this month,
they have fabulous color scheme
I am happy to use all these colors and Rubber Dance stamps for my Creation, thank you Bibi!! :)

Hope you all are inspired and will take part in UPA Inspire your Heart with Art Link up party. Links will be open till 2nd of Feb.

Thanks so much for stopping by.





34 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous journal page, Shilpa!! The way you have created the background and the color gradient looks simply superb. I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely page Shilpa !! the stamps are truly amazing and you have used them so beautifully !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your fun creative project with us

    my blog moved to: www.pearlmaple.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shilpa I just love this journal spread, your background is gorgeous, I so love circles and I love the simplicity of how you have centred your image simply on one page and your sentiment on the other. Beautifully done and thanks for joining in the fun of our Inspire your Heart with Art Event! I managed three pieces of art today myself all simply going with the flow of things and not knowing where it was taking me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Shilpa! I looooove all the circles on background and the added stripes for breaking it up a little and adding more texture. Thank you for using my stamp and for entering your lovely spread to our January challenge! :-) See you over at Unruly soon - so exciting!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shilpa... this is stunning.... I have to get that bubble stencil now !!!! Just fabulous, and the Rubber Dance stamps look beautiful.... Thank you for the inspiration that you ALWAYS give my heart .

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Shilpa this is stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely stunning. I love it. the colors and textures are rich and draw you in - and, while we're at it, those are some pretty darned good bubbles!
    One of the things I especially liked was - though I liked the visual of the rubber stamp visual (and I *do* understand that they are a sponsor) - I got that message without having it written out for me. Your page says it all for you! A great amount of the joy in creating is shown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Shilpa! What stunningly gorgeous journal pages, The colours, textured bubbles and perfect composition, love them! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your journal pages Shilpa, gorgeous colours, textures and design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shilpa, this journal spreading is absolutely astonishing, in thought, color and energy! You need to submit this for publication!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a truly stunning page - love, love, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shilpa this is just wonderful! The Venetian image goes wonderfully with that amazing background! This breathtakingly lovely and reminds me so much of Venice - one of my favourite places! A journal spread full of heart and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shilpa, your journal is just STUNNING!! I love EVERYTHING about it, the colors, textures and the sentiment is perfect.

    I especially want to thank you for following my blog.....I am honored you chose to do so. Now that I have found YOU I WILL be back (and a follower....grin)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful work!!! I love the blues and the bubbles and the image and...well, all of it! In fact, I made a little shopping list for myself with the products you used. Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply fab Shilpa. Love d way uve used the stamped image for d spread. Those textures and colours so balanced and calming, inspiring me to create something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shilpa love how the blue and the background merges... so beautiful !
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your muse has taken you in a beautiful direction Shilpa, love your colours and all the delicious texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Muse you have if it takes you to a place like this....just gorgeous.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful spread Shilpa, gorgeous colours and texture !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This is beautiful Shilpa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous journal pages!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't regularly use any type of gray colors but love the way you blended the gray with the blues!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful page... love all the textures and color!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shilpa, I love your page! The texture is awesome. Thanks for joining the challenge over at Rubber Dance. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, beautiful! Thanks for joining us at our Rubber Dance Frosty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this journal page. Love the sentiment. It is often hard to just go with the flow, and your page really expresses this idea well. The blue suggests swimming with the tide.Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello, I came over from Krisha's blog. Your pages are beautiful, somehow serene. I am not familiar with most of the products you used (or the brands) but I certainly like your results.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  28. this background is so amazing i love it! a truly beautiful journal piece. so glad i found you over at unruly paper arts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your journal page is so beautiful and so connected, like the ebb and flow of the oceans. It delights me!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Shilpa! Your beautiful spread won the DT's pick of the month award! Congratulations! Come have a look at the announcement: http://rubberdance.blogspot.no/2015/02/january-challenge-winners.html
    YAY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is stunning! I love the texture and the way the colors run together - very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations Shilpa - love your page that gorgeous textured background reminds me of the sea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...