Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Altered box with DCWV

Hello Everyone,

Another fun project with DCWV!!


I have altered 6*6" inches plastic box which is just more than 1" in height. This is a gift made for my daughter whose birthday coming up this weekend. She is super excited to be entering in teenage and hope this box will hold up her sweet memories!



This paper stack has some beautiful pastel color papers and soft floral designs. They can be used for baby books to mixed media, very versatile designs. I got light purple DCWV adhesive jewel sheets in my DT package, they are fun and very easy to use, just cut and stick.


 Plaid has sponsored DCWV DTs this time, we have got amazing products from them. One of them is Modge Podge Dimentional Magic.
You can see on my project I made small custom jewelry pendant. I made that with Modge Podge Blister Placement, DCWV floral paper and Dimensional magic. You can watch video to know more about this here  

To begin with, I applied Folkart multi surface paint on my box. Attached DCWV paper onto it. I wanted to play with mixed media, so I applied clear gesso.


I created layers and texture with stencils, paints and texture paste.


Next, I built layers with paper pieces from DCWV The delightful paper collection. Cute green bird is also I fussy cut from same paper stack.


'Choose Joy' is the perfect sentiment for this box,  cut out from stack.


I stamped text on the base to create more interest. I also adhered tiny buttons.


Beautiful chocolate brown May Arts ribbon added charm to tags. At the edges I attached light purple Jeweled adhesive.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies used:


10 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful altered box, Shilpa. The colors, the textures and the beautiful use of all the elements on your box makes it really WOW. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful alteration shilpa....the box is looking fab...loved the textures n colors..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful altered box, love all the layers and texture!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shilpa, love your cluster of pretty embellishments on the box and that purple jewelled sheet adds the glam quotient :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the colors and lovely pattens on it ! Beautiful layering too .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Shilpa, I do love the colours and gorgeous layout.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic piece of art! I love it Shilpa! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww, this is a wonderful project. Beautiful!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous box Shilpa, lovely colours and design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...