Monday, December 1, 2014

Fireworks - Mixed Media

Hello Everyone,


Unruly PaperArts has wonderful Reader's Art Quest (RAQ) this month- 'Fireworks'
Here is the inspiration photo


You can join us with any paper crafting or Mixed media project inspired by colors or theme.

I've small tutorial for you, how I made this Mixed Media Wall Hanging.


I stamped Fireworks image with Impression Obsession rubber stamp and Distress paints on to the white cardstock. Heat set it completly.


Applied Salty ocean distress ink all over the surface with ink blending tool. Distress paints resist inks when dried, so we can see fireworks clearly, although I applied dark blue ink over it.


On another white paper I stamped hero arts Newspaper skyline stamp with Jet black Archival ink. Fussy cut individual buildings, applied black soot distress ink at the edges, to give them more depth.


I attached the buildings with foam adhesive. Applied Snow Tex at the bottom to show December snow.
I also added some Prima embellishments and my mixed media piece is ready 


Hop over to UPA to see other wonderful creations by other DTs.

Thanks so much for your visit, comments and love.



14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous project Shilpa ..The way you have created this whole scene is simply amazing especially the background and dimension you have given here ..Thank you so much for the tutorial ..I just loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Diwali...lovely piece, Shilpa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shilpa this is so interesting and happy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great and sparkling card Shilpa...a stunning make!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wall hanging ,I loved fireworks,skyline,snow .. the whole scene :) Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your art project for this challenge, Shilpa. I have an affinity to skyscapes, and this is absolutely gorgeous with the fireworks in the background. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely project Shilpa, do love your firework background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning..love the wall hanging so much and the snow effect is beautiful Shilpa .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've created a great scene here, Shilpa ! Fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to use this large stamp in this way, this is very beautiful Shilpa, wow!!! Fireworks, really! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is awesome Shilpa - gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning project Shilpa! Love how you have created this scene and thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow - that's fabulous, Shilpa - I adore the flashing fireworks over the little houses, and the circular shape is really cool.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...