Friday, December 5, 2014

Altered Clipboard - Mixed Media

Hello Everyone,

I've Altered Clipboard as an inspiration project for The Mirror Cracked mixed media challenge blog.
For December we have theme - Recycle/ Upcycle or Make a Gift.

I recycled old Pinboard of my daughter. Here it is


It was total fun to alter this. 

Here is the process....


I adhered paper pieces from Prima Seashore collection. Applied thin layer of gesso. I used heart stencil and Prima crackle texture paste to get this wonderful crackle effect. After that I spritzed Peacock feather and Evergreen bough distress inks randomly on the surface.


I colored the hearts with watercolors. I stamped script and texture on the board with Black Archival ink.



I used Scrolly bird die (Die- Namites) for bird. Spellbinders Tiger lilies die for flowers. I've also added handmade yellow flower, Prima Epiphany wooden embellishments.

here are some more close-ups



Hop over to Mirror Cracked mixed media challenge blog to see beautiful creations by my teamies.
And don't forget to join us for this month's challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Wow !! this is so beautiful Shilpa ..I love the colors and the awesome textures you have added to this altered board ...just fabulous work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous project! Love all the textures and beautiful color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very beautiful, I love the colours and the crackle on the hearts :) Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous alteration Shilpa, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful...lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Shilpa..love the colors .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Shilpa this is stunning! I love the background and gorgeous embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your use of the cracle paint... and your colors are great. Just lovely.
    Hugs Ma Dt TMC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shilpa it is so adorable! I am sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to recycle your darling daughters clipboard!! This is SO pretty! I love those purple hearts--they look like real cracked mosaic glass!!! Most fabulous my friend!! Thanks for the GREAT inspiration!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece, Shilpa - the colours are gorgeous!! I love that crackle texture paste!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...