Friday, November 21, 2014

Desk Organizer - Mixed Media

Hello Everyone,


When ever we want to make gift for someone, we think about that person, how she is, what she will like, which colors make her happy etc.
And I made this Desk Organizer for my angel doctor. She is retired now, but I love to meet her. And because of old age many times she does not find her pen and paper at a place. And She has lot of interest in art and colors. So here it is- Desk Organizer for my Angel Doctor



It has 4 holders. There is lot of space for pens, papers, colors, pencils etc. Ohh yes...you can see my Faber Castell goodies here. Doesn't it look good?
 I also made tag , that goes along with gift,


Here are some more pictures


It all started with empty tape rolls. I adhered design paper on it with Modge Podge. Applied gesso at some places. I used Prima White Sand texture paste and Memory Box stencil  to create texture.
When it dried completely, I spritzed Lindy's Stamp gang inks in various red and blue colors.
I colored Prima resin frame with same blue color and applied silver glitter with Prima soft gel medium.
 I made flowers with Spelbinders Rose creation die. I also adhered red glass beads and red glitter for decoration. Cute bird at the top is wood veneer piece, colored with inks. 


Recently, I found this fantastic glue at Lulupu - Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue, it is fast drying and stronger. It is my new favourite crafty tool.






I am entering this project for Frilly and Funky - A Gift from the Heart Challenge 

 Thanks so much for stopping by today.

13 comments:

  1. Such a kind thought and a wonderful gift! Love what you have done and it looks fab with your design memory craft goodies in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant Shilpa! I love how you've given this a really practical design and then added such gorgeous arty touches. Bet your angel doctor will be thrilled to receive it. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Shilpa, a gorgeous gift. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. What a beautiful gift. Lucky friend. I love Aleen's glues too, they work great. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous and a beautiful gift too. Love the papers and embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you took as much time with the insides of the containers as well as the outsides, Shilpa! It is adorable and will be perfect for your special friend! I love having beautiful things that are functional, as well, and this one one of those things! How sweet you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shilpa, this is so wonderful!!! Absolutely stunning! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great gift! I'm sure she will love it! All the elements flow and your color choices are bold. I love that mixed media vibe! Great little organizer. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift! Love all the textures and details. It really shows your love for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Shilpa, that's stunning - what a fabulous gift, full of love and care, and so glamorous too! I'm sure your friend will absolutely love it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift, Shilpa! The colors and textures are sensational. I love how functional it is too. Great job on our Gift from the Heart challenge. Thanks so much for planing along!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great gift for someone and pretty tag to go with it.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...