Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tutorial - Mixed Media canvas- Body Beautiful

Hello Everyone,
We are into second challenge of The Mirror Cracked.
The theme for October is The Body Beautiful.
And here is my DT inspiration for this challenge.

I've created mixed media canvas which is of 9"*4" in size.



I have step by step tutorial for this.


As ususal, I started with applying gesso to the surface. Next I adhered design papers and gauze. I know, I will be playing with blues and greens here, so I had chosen similar design paper for this. I applied clear gesso, and let it dry completely.


Next layer is with ink color sprays and water. I spritzed various shades in blue and greens from Lindy's inks and Dylusions. Moved the colors with little-bit spritzing water to get desired effect.


Next step was to add modeling paste through stencil.


With Prima soft gloss gel, I applied silver glitter randomly. I also attached  blue and green glass beads. I used my heat tool to dry it.


I applied Inka gold in blue and Jade on stenciled area. It gives nice shine and texture.





I've used Prima Resin Mannequin and her dress is made up of lace.




I've used border and doily die cuts here, which i colored with distress inks.

And here is final look of my canvas.


Hop over to The Mirror Cracked Challenge blog see beautiful craetions by other DTs.
Thanks so much for your visit.






16 comments:

  1. Oh Wow !! this is sooo gorgeous ..Love the colors and textures on this abd the way you have dressed up that mannequin is fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Beautiful ! again I would thank you for sharing the steps ..the details would have gone unnoticed otherwise .Loved the cool colors n the gorgeous lace dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful tag and step by step Shilpa! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. .Lovely step by step tutorial.. loved the colors n textures Shilpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial, love your colours (as always).
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely canvas.Love the texture you achieved and the vibrant colours.That mannequin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Shilpa,
    Love it....the Bg is fantastic, with great texture, I love the doily diecuts, it finishes off your design beautifully.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece of art Shilpa! I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. The fabric really makes the piece as the ground for all that you have added. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous background with the mixed media Shilpa!
    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun piece with a fabulous background. Thanks for the step by step.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning and thanks so much for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad for your step by step photos of how you do things. I am still learning a lot about mixmedia from you team mates.
    Ma :) Team mate TMC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...