Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tutorial - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone,

I've created mixed media canvas and would like to share with you tutorial for this. 


This is 10"*8" canvas.


I applied gesso and dried it completely. Gesso is a primer for colors, it does not allow colors to soak in canvas and shows perfect color of paint.


I stamped texture with Faber castell design memory craft clear stamp and black archival ink.



Next, I cut small amount of  Gelatos (cotton candy, Pistachio and Banana) in my plate, mixed them separately with Gel medium and applied randomly. Which gives this cool background.


I applied gesso on the surface again to set back this background and wanted to add some more layers. I spritzed water and soaked at some places, which added more texture.


In this picture, you will see I applied texture paste with bubble stencil. I colored the bubbles with blood orange Gelato. To give more depth I also used red PIIT pen at the edges.


I wanted to create my own embellishments. I colored paper with chalk board paint, dried it. Punched the flowers and made stitched lines on them with white pen. Aren't they awesome?


I stamped the flowers with Penny black stamp and black archival ink, colored them with Design memory craft Art grip pencils. These pencils are smooth and colors blend easily.
I fussy cut the flowers to attach on canvas.

The center piece of canvas is this lady Madam Dragonfly. I stamped this image with Deep red stamp and Black archival ink, colored her with Design Memory craft Art grip pencils.

And when I put together all,

I hope you liked my canvas and tutorial.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Link with : Mixed Media Monthly challenge, and the inspiration is from this picture,

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas, & a great tutorial Shilpa! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous canvas, Shilpa! Thank you so much for the step by step tutorial. Git to learn so much about the different mediums and how to use them. Those black flowers with the stitched lines really look awesome and i'm simply blown away by your coloring of the PB flowers. WOW!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely Shilpa..Thanks for the tutorial..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely canvas.I like the pop of blood orange on the canvas.Very interesting choice and the chalkboard flowers are cool and so is the colouring of the other stamps.Thanks for the tute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Awesome..I loved the layers of colors n stamping .The black punched flowers with stitched lines look lovely.Thanks for sharing the step by step tut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The pops of blood orange are what hit first then the central image. As you went thru tutorial, the black flowers with white stitches & your colouring are amazing. All together, one of the most striking canvases I have seen in a while! Excellent job, Fab results! C☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like those flowers! Awesome job on the canvas. Hugs! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas! Love all the texture and details! Love the colors too! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Shipa an amazing piece of work stunning texture and colour

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Shipa wow. this is such a fun and fabulous project. Love the beautiful background you created and the lady image is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful canvas! The color scheme is gorgeous. I really like the personal touches you added to those punches. Great idea! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is gorgeous and thanks so much for the great tutorial!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a really pretty canvas! the image is lovely. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...