Friday, September 26, 2014

Mixed Media Black and White card

Hello Everyone,

I made Mixed Media card  with black, white and rose color.


I'll explain the process of making this card.


You will find white circles in the background, I created them with Sakura Modelling paste and Crafters workshop Circle grid template. Next I used Alpine Ice Magicals from Lindy's stamp Gang. I took very little amt of Magicals powder and added water in to that. I created drips on my card, and let color flow to get watercolr background. I made some splatters with the same rose color.


Next, I adhered torn pieces of text paper from Lemon Lush (gorgeous paper pad) at two three places on the card. At the edges I applied little bit of  Dina Wakely gesso. I  love the smoothness it gives as a base for surface. My new favourite Gesso :-)  yes I use tons in my mixed media work.
As you know mixed media is all about layers, I created next layer with stamps and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, it is best, works on all surfaces. Lulupu has brought new wonderful textured stamps, you can find them here. I've used Almanac Cling Rubber Stamp,
I created some more texture with Crafters workshop specimen stencil and Black Soot distress ink
And again splatters of rose color...... my background is ready.


 Wonderful butterflies are from Penny black Social Butterfly set, aren't they beautiful. I stamped them with ranger black Archival ink, fuzzy cut them and adhered on the card. Sentiment is also from same stamp set. I've used Spellbinder's Tag 3 to cut the banner. I colored it with rose magicals at the edges.

Thanks so much for stopping by




9 comments:

  1. Fabulous Shilpa, love all the effects you have achieved, this looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice background Shilpa and the pink and grey work so well!
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Shilpa! Lovely mixed media card! Gesso is my new favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb Shilpa..loved it.. lovely mixed media as always..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink with the black and white !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Shilpa! I love the butterflies, such a beautiful touch! The title says it all--this is WONDERFUL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning collage; the colour scheme is striking and all the components work together beautifully.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet and delicate! Love the textures and the candy color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...