Monday, September 1, 2014

Journal page for Unruly PaperArts

Hello Everyone,
 I am joining new team!! Yay!! - Unruly PaperArts. It is a Blogzine(blog magazine). I am a Columnist now. You will find my articles there in coming months.
Danielle May is the Editor who heads the UPA. And I am very happy to join another talented group of artist from this month over at UPA.
You can know all about UPA Sepetember issue and New Team reveal here

I am starting to contribute with this Art Journal Page,


Over at Unruly PaperArts we have a monthly Readers Art Quest. please hop over to our blog-zine for more details of the prompts and we have another  a random prize up for grabs.

Prompt of September is like this



And here is my inspiration for 'The Dark Night' prompt,

  
I 've created the background with papers and thick layers of gesso. I used brushed pewter, faded jeans distress inks, silent night LSG spray for backgrounds. With Memory box garden birch stencil and grey acrylic paint, I created the trees. I printed starts with Tim Holtz Stars layered stencil. Also added text, grunge stamping with Ranger black archival inks. 
Couple image stamp is from Crafty Individuals. 

Do join us for this month's RAQ with any project related to this theme.

Thanks so much for stopping by.




13 comments:

  1. Congrats Shilpa, this is a fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shilpa!!! Love your work, always different and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave CI stamps, the colours are wonderful as are your birch trees! Congrats on being a columnist. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.I love your project..Perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! This page is so artistic love it shilpa..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Shilpa. your journal page looks so so fabulous !! ..I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Shilpa, this is amazing!!! The background looks incredible, so atmospheric with those trees and I love what you did with that CI stamp, they seem to walk right into the forest, brilliant and of course congrats on joining UPA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. This is a wonderful piece with lots of layering and texture. Nice subdued colors too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations again, Shilpa! I have long admired your artwork, and now look forward to enjoy your art through words in your upcoming articles at UPA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pages Shilpa and congratulations on your new venture !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning result Shilpa...great colouring and great stamps make this page a real artwork.
    Love it!
    And of course huge congratulations, becoming a columnist at UPA!!! Enjoy!!
    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new DT position! They are lucky to have you. This page is gorgeous!! Love the mood, colours and wonderful texture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...