Sunday, August 24, 2014

You light the way.....

Hello Everyone,

I have a special guest at my blog today. She is playing along with other kids at Simon says stamp Summer vacation kids challenge. She is none other than my dearest daughter 'Diti' who is 12yrs old.....over to her

Hi Everyone! It's fabulous to be amongst you all crafty people today. I'm an art freak just like my mom so I decided to be a part of the Summer vacation kids challenge 2014 at Simon stays stamp. I simply adore Kristina Werner, Jennifer Mcguire, Darlene Devries, their videos and their cards amongst so many others. 
   For this challenge I decided to make a card for my sweet teacher as on 5th September we'll be celebrating Teacher's Day In India. Here's the card...

  
This time I attacked all my mom's cool art stuff at the latest opportunity.  I started off using 3 patterned papers as a base and also attached two strips of purple ribbons horizontally. 

 
I love stamps which have cute girl's images and I thought of using one right here.  I stamped it with black Memento ink and colored it with my favorite Faber Castle and Fun color pencils. Then I added a beautifully patterned die-cut doily behind it. I punched three baby pink butterflies and added them to the doily.



I stuck those mini little flowers near the corners and added that super cool butterfly near the girl. 


I mostly am fascinated by blings so I sticked some of them at the corners and some on the butterfly. And then last but not the least I wrote a quote for the finishing touch.

I hope you loved the card as much as I loved making it. Waiting eagerly for your suggestions and comments.
See you all soon...!



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Diti :-) the image is so pretty and I love the doily and and all the embellishments, very beautiful. Fabulous sentiment too, I am sure your teacher will love this :-)

    thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Summer Vacation Kid’s Challenge on the Wednesday Challenge Blog and good luck with the prize draw :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Diti, this is stunning!! What a great card! Love how you coloured the girl and all the embellishments, the flowers and butterflies are so pretty! I bet your teacher is going to adore this! I used to be a teacher (well I still am but now I teach grown ups), so hey, I totally love the sentiment you have used too.

    Good luck with the challenge and great to hear you enjoy crafting so much, lucky you having all your mum's stash to play with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Diti! As colorful as your mom's creations....so many elements in this card! Your teacher will cherish this treasure dear. Good luck with more such creations. Now you hsvevthe big shot to play with too...ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Diti its amazing ..your teacher will love this ..so many details and placements of embellishments are cool ..loved the card dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such an amazing card Diti!! You did a fabulous job! Love that sweet image and your coloring is wonderful!! Very sweet! ;)

    Thank you very much for joining us for the Summer Vacation Kid's Challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have you been hiding Diti, Shilpa ? Super talented girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful! You always use the most beautiful colors!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable, Shilpa! Sweet image, and I love her bare toes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diti this is absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for reminding the 5th of September little girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...