Monday, August 4, 2014

Black and White Card

Hello Everyone,

Another card today for Stampotique Designers challenge, where my dear friend Kay Wallace has asked to play with Black and white and one color.
And here is my take..


I made this uncomplicated card with Stampotique Originals Stamp called 'I love my new dress'. Girl image, itself says so many things.


I love collecting text background papers. I used Studio Calico Lemon lush paper here. It has gorgeous design papers with wonderful colors, though I chose text which goes with the theme. To get the depth, I applied black soot distress ink at the edges.And I adhered it to the base which is a white card stock.  I stamped the image on another white paper, fussy cut it and stick on the card with foam tabs. My pop color is 'Red' here, finally, I attached die cut red butterfly. Fun.. fun..

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Link with:



 

15 comments:

  1. Loving the dash of red against the B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the elements in this card and the red pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that created something for my challenge at Stampotique, Shilpa! And, you certainly created something very striking! I really like that "I love my new dress" image, and she adds not only great interest, but dimension up on her pop dots! Your card is a beautiful example of white I like "black'n'white w/a pop of color" and tend to use it often. You have created a beautiful card that is crisp and clean, yet is full of interest. Your butterfly rocks the embellishment scene! Thank you so much for continuing to inspire us on the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bits of red are perfection with the rest of your card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so creepy she is wonderful! Great in black and white!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red washi tape and butterfly are a lovely way to add the pop of colour!
    Thank you for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Shilpa, perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been inspired by your card this week, love the butterfly and the washi tape :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous and perfect for the challenge!

    I love the background and of course, I love "My New Dress".

    The pop of color is so effective.

    Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi! I adore the background and the image, great job! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. The butterfly & washi tape gives a wonderful colour hit against the b&w. Oh how I wish I could afford Stampotique stamps, luurvve the quirky characters! Great card : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...