Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mixed Media with Chalk edgers and stencils

Hello Everyone,

Mixed Media project today..


I have got this bunch of Prima Fluid and Resist chalk Edgers(CE) from Lulupu. I set a challenge for myself to use them only as a color medium....for this project. 

How I made this:
 
1. My chipboard base and embellishments are pre- gessoed.
2. I stamped the scrip background randomly on the surface with 'Farmer  Jeans'  CE
3. With Harlequin stencil and Knotted Wood CE I created one layer.
4. Next layer is added with Wendy's Embossing paste and Rhapsody stencil.
5. I  got 3-4 colors on the Acrylic block from Blue and Green CE. With my water brush I picked up the colors and applied on textured area.
6. Next step is to make embellishments. I stamped the flowers with 'Blossom Bud' Resist CE and colored them with 'Hydrangea ' CE and water. I fuzzy cut them, layered and distressed at the edges.
With same method I made my leaves. 
7. Colored the Gate and Lamp post chipboard with 'Turquoise Stone' and 'Cold Ice' CE. To spread the color evenly I used baby wipe.






Thanks so much for stopping by today.




8 comments:

  1. Great mixed media Shilpa...such bright colours too...also on your previous posts!
    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a remarkable piece of art, Shilpa. I feel I am standing at the gate looking into the depths of a most beautiful garden. What you have created here is certainly magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Shilpa! loved it sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project Shilpa ! Love the background stencilling and texture and the gate and lamp post are a fabulous touch ! Thanks for joining us at CVC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...