Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mixed Media Card

Hello Everyone,

My third post today, earlier two were scheduled as my DT work.
I made a mixed media card and can't wait to share with you.


here are some more close ups..



I could not take pictures while making this card, but here are the details of step by step process:

1. I started of with design paper from Prima free spirit collection. Rounded the corners.

2. I kept Crafters workshop basket wave stencil in cross angle and applied   texture paste in middle and all corners of paper. Let it dry naturally, if we use heat tool here, texture paste puffs up.

3. I spritzed Lindy's gang spray inks 3 colors - Blue Hawaiian blue, Tibbtan poppy teal and Bachelor blue. The trick here to get the layers is spritz one color, take out excess with kitchen towel and heat set it and the spritz another color. Alright that was blue color layer..

4. I knew I wanted to combine blue and pink for this project, so I brought Funky Fuchsia Dylusion spray and sprayed through Studio Calico Bauble Mask. You can see pink circles in the background. 

5. Next layers are embellishments.. started with white lace, which I adhered with hot glue in the middle.

6.The beautiful flourishes are from Maya Road. Those are chipboard scrolls which I colored with Peeled paint distress paint and attached

7. In middle I've white decorative heart die cut, which my friend gifted me so I don't know which make.

8. Flowers.... most interesting part..Pink and blue are made up with thin foam, and green flowers are made up with paper and all are from my stash, bought locally.

9. I've made it more interesting with splatters of green ink, pearl thread, some green swirls and sugar dot.

 
10. And lastly I attached this whole piece on to the white card stock.
Hope this to helps to understand , how I made this beauty.




Sharing with - Mixed Media Card challenge- Touch of nature

City Crafter Challenge - Chipboard, I've used Maya Road Chipboard Scrolls

Thanks so much for stopping by today and showing interest in my creation.




 

19 comments:

  1. Shilpa please do share more details...very curious about how you made this beuty. What material are the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card !! I agree with Dr.Sonia , I want to know about bg..dry or wet embossing ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is stunning! I love the background and the roses are just adorable! Good luck with the challenge! :)
    Thank you for our sweet comment too! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Shilpa..love the roses and so thin foam you rolled them so perfectly and i want to try those roses but this thin foam is not available here ..and your mixed media work is amazing as always.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to start with PP and then add all the depth to it. Love that background and your fabric elements of nature. Thanks for hooking up at The Mixed Media Card Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so very pretty! I love your background work and the cluster is gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow ! this is brilliant ... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors , a fabulous piece of art in a card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours & design! I love the background Shilpa! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card! Love the colors and many layers to your gorgeous background to show off those beautiful rolled roses. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL flowers Shilpa - it's a work of art! Thank you so much for joining in the fun at the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the many layers and textures. Thanks for the step by step too. Thank you for playing along with the mixed media card challenge. So happy to see u join us :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful combination of many textures and layers! Each one add to this depth of this card! Thanks for playing in the 1st Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful textures and colors! I love those handmade flowers you made! Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great process yielding beautiful results, Shilpa! Such a gorgeous color palette, but, my favorite part is that lace! Just the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...