Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fanciful feathers

Hello Everyone,

Art journal page today... 




I had to make page inspired by Ellen Vargo, she has again shared wonderful tutorial at Paper Artsy yesterday. Her designed stamps are versatile. I've used stamps and stencils from my stash. 
I wanted to combine one more challenge with this, A Sprinkle of Imagination- June Challenge, which has this color pallete

 
I've used Deep cobalt, Rich Ruby, Seafoam green and Irish cream.
here are some closeup views..



 I started off with ledger paper, you can see glimpses of it in the background. Next layers were - gesso, Brushed Corduroy, Antique linen Distress paints, text stamping, stenciling (TCW -fanciful feathers, well rounded). When the colors were dried, I applied one more layer of gesso on fullpage. Then added my bird


 
 Ellen has added this text strip on her page, which I loved so much. Visit this post for more details by her.

Link with :
Paper Artsy - Ledger Art Journal
A Sprinkle of Imagination - June Challenge
Art Journal Everyday


Thanks so much for stopping by today.




 

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Shilpa. I love the text showing through and that beautiful little bird! The colours and the stencils you have used are gorgeous. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a great colour combo! Love the bird flying across! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous and great colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love overall stamped backgrounds and the colors on kraft are quite nice. Sweet bird. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Shilpa, love the gorgeous background behind that beautiful bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely in total Shilpa...a gorgeous page!
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my faves of the week. Colours are adorable. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely color palette, Shilpa, and you have used it brilliantly with the second challenge! Sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the colours, Shilpa - love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning page, I love the background you created. The stamping and light wash of white over the top really makes it so pretty. Thank you for entering our challenge at ASOI this month. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...