Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"She Art" - for Art Journal Journey

Hello Everyone,

I am so happy to announce today, that we are celebrating "She Art" month at Art Journal Journey. And this is my page,




I've put together how I did this one,


I've used Prima Doll Stamp, Papermania, Prima Zyper, and My mind Eye paper collections. I stamped the same image on different pattern papers and cut them separately. You will find small pieces right side corner. And then arranged together on doll stamped white paper.







 I used Modge Podge to adhere. I colored her skin with Skin tone Shinhan markers, her hair and shoes with Faber castle PIIT artist pens. Added pearls on her skirt. And now she is ready to appear on our main page.



Now the background...I glued sewing themed papers and gessoed the full page with thin coat. After it got dried...





I applied Salty ocean and Picket fence distress paints, spritzed some water, and colour started to move around. When I got the perfect outcome, I dried the page with heat tool. You will find my home-made orange foam stamp at right side. I stamped with that and picket fence distress ink, randomly on the page. Then, sprayed all over with Fireworks shimmer. Lastly, I've added some coloured stones, which I've done with distress paints - spiced marmalade, Victorian velvet, picked raspberry,bundled sage, peeled paint, picket fence.
and this is the finished page,



Hope you liked it and will join the "She Art" celebration at Art Journal Journey Thanks so much for stopping by.




13 comments:

  1. Oh yes! like your page very much dear Shilpa and have to say thank you so much for showing and explaining how you did create this beautiful She Art page!
    Thank you for your wonderful theme and example for the
    Art Journal Challenge!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and wonderful paper piecing and collage art ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh WOW shilpa,this is Amazing Lady,love your beautiful pages with the stones,and the paper piercing,its wonderful idea.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page again, Shilpa !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page Shilpa !
    Sabine R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous page!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is lovely ...
    thank you for a great theme and inspiration piece!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the colors and the sweet Prima doll stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant artwork, Shilpa, and I very much enjoyed reading how you made it, that was fascinating. I like the addition at the end of the coloured stones, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the dreamy feel of your page. I finally got my entry in for the month. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Das ist ein sehr schönes Beispiel...tolles Thema hast du ausgesucht.

    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...