Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Butterfly" - Art Journal Page

Hello Everyone,

Sage and Sepia are the colours of this week at Summer of color . After long time butterflies are back to my Art journal ! :)






I had these butterflies digital image prints in my stash. I coloured them in different shades of Sage with soft pastels. Adhered them on the page with Mod Podge. And then applied thin layer of gesso. When it dried, I stamped words with stazon ink. Again one layer of gesso has been given. After this, I brought in some sepia. Decorative frame is Chipboard die cut, which I embossed with wow embossing powder. And that centre butterfly stamp is from Kaisercraft Elegance collection. 
This page is inspired by super talented Willy Anderson's this page.
Thanks so much for stopping by.





11 comments:

  1. A beautiful take on the color combination Shilpa... looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the whimsy look of the butterflies!. This could be beginning of Fall, which I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you spent a LOT of time on this piece. It truly embodies the beauty of the final SOC colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Your work of art is absolutely gorgeous! I just love how you used this week's colors to create your amazing page!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with all of us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterfly page is beautiful...the text background works really nicely too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layering. Loved hearing about the process to creating this card. Great use of the colours this week as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is really lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...